Sign a Petition Opposing the Gun Control Bills to be Heard Today
Colorado Senate News.com is encouraging people to join them Monday, March 4th at the State Capitol to tell your Senator,
to put the rights of law-abiding citizens before out-of-state special interests.
According to the website:
Committees begin at 10:30 AM on the second floor in the Old Supreme Court Chambers and on the third floor, room 356, of the Capitol. Where the following 6 sponsored gun control bills are scheduled to be heard in the Senate Judiciary Committee and the State Affairs Committee:
- HB 1224: Bans magazines with a capacity of more than 15 bullets. Magazines owned prior to the ban can be kept but cannot be transferred or sold.
- HB 1226: Prohibits concealed carry on public college campuses.
- HB 1228: Charges fees for background checks.
- HB 1229: Requires a background check to be conducted by a licensed firearms dealer before any sale or transfer of a firearm. “Transfer” includes lending a firearm to a friend or family member on a temporary basis.
- SB 195: Requires concealed carry permit applicants to complete training in-person.
- SB 196: Makes users, owners, sellers, distributors, and manufacturers of firearms liable for harm caused by any firearm that was under their control at one point in time, but is later misused by someone else.
You can have your voice heard even if you can't make it to the Capitol by signing this petition: