Four City of Grand Junction Jobs Available Right Now
Is it time for a new gig? Do you need something full-time with good pay? Here are four jobs currently available with the City of Grand Junction.
Today's list consists of one job paying over $8,000 per month. While not all posts on this list pay that well, they are all well above the norm for the valley.
In my opinion, being a 911 call taker would have to be a stressful job. Then again, many people thrive on the idea of a challenge. Perhaps this is the opportunity you've been looking for.
These jobs are available right now. Some are open-ended, others have closing dates approaching rapidly.
According to the City of Grand Junction's webpage:
Being a 911 Call Taker is an exciting career with advancement opportunities. You will contribute to the well-being of your community with the potential to impact someone's life every single day.
Give it some serious thought. This might just be the rewarding challenge you've been looking for.
Duties include preparation of construction drawings, specifications, bid documents and cost estimates; procurement of bids for construction contracts, processing contract change orders and contractor pay requests; oversees construction inspection and quality assurance testing; coordinates schedules and activities of contractors and utility companies; prepares progress reports and project documentation; reviews plans, documents and reports for compliance with applicable standards and design criteria, and much, much more.
Qualifications required include:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in civil engineering or a related field
- five years of increasingly responsible professional civil engineering or relevant experience
- ability to obtain an active Professional Engineer (PE) in the State of Colorado – although a currently active Professional Engineer (PE) in the State of Colorado is preferred
- possession of, or ability to obtain a valid Colorado driver's license.
Don't delay. This job posting closes November 9, 2018.
Qualifications for this job include:
- Two (2) years of recent experience (within the last 6 months) as a Telecommunicator and Dispatcher in a Public Safety Answering Point (PSAP) facility with enhanced 911 and computer-aided dispatch.
NOTE: If you do not meet the criteria, you are encouraged to apply for our 911 Call Taker position which does not require any Telecommunicator or Dispatcher experience.
According to the City of Grand Junction's webpage, duties include:
- Monitor and participate in the administration of recruitment and selection programs.
- Provide direction, oversight, and coordination among departments.
- Review and evaluate applicant selection.
- Develop and maintain personnel policies.
- Assist and advise employees and supervisors in policy interpretation.
- Assist with onboarding and existing employees.
- Participate in a variety of employee teams and committees.
- Identify, investigate, and resolve organizational and operational problems and employee issues.
- Conduct studies, analysis, and research on a broad range of human resources assignments.
- Conduct, analyze, and complete salary and benefit surveys and analyze resulting data.
- Prepare annual payroll projections and budget recommendations.
- Complete statistical and analytical reports.
- Research, evaluate and implement a variety of employee programs.
- Perform classification audits.
- Develop and maintain a variety of databases and spreadsheets.
- Assist in employee training and development.
- Provide staff assistance in employee relations, employee grievances, benefits, and the monitoring of compensation procedures.
- Analyze legislation and regulations to determine the effect on personnel programs and services.
- Coordinate assigned activities with other departments, outside agencies, and service providers.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Wow! That's a long list of duties. If you're interested, don't delay. The deadline to apply for this job is November 2, 2018.