Five New Grand Junction Jobs You Would be Perfect For
Does your future include a job change? The City of Grand Junction is hiring, and they're looking for you. Take a look below, and you might just find the job of your dreams.
Are you currently in the job market? Maybe you're already employed but unhappy where you're at. The City of Grand Junction offers a number of jobs with compensation between $9.59 an hour and $33.62 an hour. Opportunities range from clerk positions to campus safety at Colorado Mesa University.
The list below includes the job title, salary range, and job description direct from the "Job Opportunities" page at the City of Grand Junction website. Here are five of the available positions.
The primary role of the Campus Safety Officer is crime prevention and enforcement, as well as safety promotion.
Serve as Clerk to the City Council, preparing and coordinating Council materials and agendas. Coordinate live broadcast of Council meetings on cable TV and the Internet.
• Oversee and manage the City's records management program for both paper-based and electronic records.
• Administer municipal elections in compliance with applicable laws and procedures.
• Oversee liquor licensing program. Coordinate the hearing process while working with City Attorney and Police Department to resolve issues with licenses. Coordinate training classes for licensees.
• Maintain the City's Code of Ordinances and current volumes of all codes adopted.
• Oversee the administration of volunteer boards and commissions and maintain records of all volunteer boards.
• Oversee and participate in the development and administration of the City Clerk's Office annual budget.
Perform a variety of routine customer service and administrative support functions, including responding to general and specific inquiries from customers regarding ordinance, regulations, policies, and procedures
Participate in all phases of maintenance assignments and facilitation of sporting and special events. Perform duties directly related to athletic field preparation and maintenance for events such as baseball, football, track, soccer, softball, special events. Employee will operate the specialized equipment needed for field preparation
Minimum qualifications required:
- Good physical condition
- Minimum 21 years of age
- Minimum vision corrected to 20/40 in worst eye and 20/20 in best eye
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Possession of, or ability to obtain, valid Colorado driver's license
- Good moral character (past criminal activity may be disqualifying - see list)
- Ability to work a variety of shifts, including weekends and holidays