Colorado Hidden Gem: Meeker an Outdoorsman Paradise
There are places in western Colorado often overlooked by many locals simply because they don’t really know much about it. Meeker is one of those hidden gems.
Meeker has undergone a lot of changes since I lived there when I was a small tyke, but some of the changes have been so subtle many people haven’t even noticed.
One of the best memories of my very young days is the great fun we had on the bank of the White River which offers some of the best cold water fishing anyone can imagine.
A long-time family friend’s dream job with Colorado Parks and Wildlife was to be stationed in Meeker, where he currently is. This shows just how special this little town can be.
Besides fishing here are some things you’ll love about this Colorado gem:
- Pick Your Transportation – Hiking, biking, horseback riding, OHV.
- History – White River Museum, Meeker Massacre site, Milk Creek battlefield.
- Get Away from Civilization – Flat Tops Wilderness, White River, Routt National Forests.
- Recreation – Camping, fishing, backpacking, hunting, nature photography.
- Get Your Grub On – Clark’s Big Burger, Holliday’s Bar & Grill, Meeker Drugs.
Enjoy the video or better yet, take the trip to this awesome little town.