5 Reasons Why You Should Be An Official With Mesa County Junior Football
Would you enjoy a gig as a referee for Mesa County Junior Football? Your services are needed. How do you go about getting involved?
Applicants are needed right now to officiate games beginning this August. This will pretty much eat up your Saturdays, but it will be fun. What are the requirements?
- Must be 17 years old or older
- Must attend a quick training session on August 18
- Games are held Saturdays at 8 a.m., 10 a.m., Noon, 2 p.m., and 4 p.m.
Training and some equipment will be provided. Equipment you'll receive includes:
- rule book
- $25 pay for non-CHSAA certified refs (will be paid cash day of game)
- $40 pay per game for certified refs (will be paid cash day of game)
Why should you do this? There are several reasons. Here are my top five:
- Being a referee builds character
- Being an official creates valuable contacts
- You'll inspire Mesa County youth to be active and involved
- There is some financial reward
- Being an official can act as a foundation for greater responsibilities in the future
Interested? If so, contact Paradoxpromotionsllc@gmail.com. Of course, you won't be expected to work every Saturday.
If you're interested in getting CHSAA certified, they can help you out. With certification, you can get involved in officiating high school games as well.
Why not get involved? You won't get rich, but the rewards will be well worth it. Here's your chance to give back. Give some thought to becoming an official with Mesa County Junior Football.