5 Reasons to See Chris Janson in Grand Junction
Country star Chris Janson will make his way to Grand Junction and it is imperative you attend. He's racked up a few more hits since the last time he was in town, and it's time to catch up.
The last time he hit Grand Junction, Buy Me A Boat had just hit the charts, and Power of Positive Drinkin' was hot on its heels. Both tunes represent a perfect blend of raw country, killer hooks, great instrumentation, and solid production, all wrapped up in fresh, modern country hits. Since then, he's had chart success with:
- Holdin' Her
- Fix a Drink
- Drunk Girl
You'll notice a bit of a theme with those song titles. Hey, he's a legit Country artist.
While the name Chris Janson might strike you as new, the reality is he’s been lurking around Country radio for some time. Janson is the writing talent behind Tim McGraw’s highest debuting single, “Truck Yeah.”
In addition to writing credits for some of your favorite stars, Janson has performed at country’s iconic venue, the Grand Ole Opry, more than 100 times. As a matter of fact, when I chatted with him at Country Jam, he had just played the Opry for the 104th time.
This young entertainer has some awesome, time-tested tricks up his sleeve. He’s using killer gear, equipped with the vintage components, giving country music its distinctive flavor. He’s even paying homage to the legends by mimicking a few tricks country players used to incorporate to obtain their distinctive sounds.
All that having been said, here are five reasons why you dare not miss Chris Janson at the Garfield County Fair:
- This dude is country – not “country-ish” or “contemporary with a touch of country.” We’re talking pure country.
- This is a true country gentleman – he knows how to say “Yes, sir,” and “Thank you.”
- He has a bag of tricks that would make Waylon Jennings, Jerry Reed, and Johnny Cash stand up and take notice.
- Not only does this artist write and perform his own tunes, he also produces his own tracks.
- Janson wakes up in the morning, pours a cup of coffee (assuming he drinks coffee), and then writes tunes. He doesn’t wait for inspiration. He writes tunes, period, all the time. Not since Dolly Parton has there been an artist that lives and breathes music like Chris Janson (in my opinion).
There you have it, the top five reasons why you should catch Chris Janson on September 20th, 2018, at Las Colonias Amphitheater. If you missed out on his performance at Country Jam, then you failed to witness a young talent on his meteoric rise to fame. Get familiar with this artist right away. You’ll be glad you did.